Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Project Pink - For Lori

First half of the pink project for Lori is complete!
Behold, the lovely pinch slouchy cap!

(And me...hiding from the flash of the camera)

All in all...I think I prefer the thickness of the yarn I used for the pink hat, than I did with the teal one. I think I need to find a teal color like that in the brand of yarn I purchased for Lori's's warmer, easier to work with, and looks like it won't felt as badly as the other one did. (Hey I was a beginner, I didn't know cheap yarn was a bad thing!)

This was knit up with Brown-Sheep yarn, Nature Spun. I don't remember the name of the color...I accidentally recycled the label that came on the skeins...oops!

My next project will be a pair of matching mittens. I think my plan is to find a basic pattern and adjust it to have the same mock-rib-twist that the hat has...but if for some awful reason I mess that up, it'll just be a basic pair of mitts...I'd rather be safe than make Lori sorry she comissioned me! :P

No comments:

Post a Comment